Welcome to Cranky Puppy Farm!

This blog belongs to two Gen X-er's smackdab in downtown Kansas City where we've been renovating and decorating two old Victorians built in the 1890's. Our life is filled with 3 demanding Pomeranians (1 of them cranky, of course), honking cars, noisy neighbors and the hustle and bustle of city life but we dream of the day when we can move to our 40-acre farm and hear nothing but the wind and the cows next door. Until then, we're chronicling our triumphs and mishaps here as we try to garden and preserve on 2 city lots, raise chickens, and learn all those things we should have learned from our grandparents. Welcome to our world - we hope you'll stay awhile!

Muy Caliente!

Monday, June 25, 2012


One sure way to forget that it's 100+ degrees outside is to eat some of J.'s famous (or is that infamous?) 4-alarm salsa.  it is in the pic in all its fiery glory.  I could tell what he was doing as soon as I walked in the back door because it singed the hairs right out of my nose.

It's been so hot outside the past two days that there's no way I'm venturing outside other than to go to work and make sure the chickens and the garden have water.  So I have no new garden pics to share with you tonight, but I thought I would give out some linky love to some new cyber friends and great blogs that I've come across in my latest digital wanderings.

First, a great big thank you for Laura over at Laura Williams Musings for featuring me as part of last week's Carnival of Home Preserving!  It was my first time participating, so it's an honor to have her select me as one of the feature posts.

Next, I'd like to direct you over to one of the blogs that I follow closely.  Mary Ann over at Calamity Acres is not far from me and was one of the first bloggers to link to Cranky Puppy Farm and I am forever indebted to her for sending some of you my way.  Her dogs are adorable, her farm is gorgeous, and she is *this* close to enjoying it full time after she retires in just 8 weeks.  If you want to read an interesting story, go over and find out about her recent house guest.

Okay, now how about some yummy recipes to go along with that salsa? Might as well heat up the kitchen some more.


Trish over at Mom on Timeout has a great post with lots of pics on how to make perfect biscuits just like grandma every single time.  Oh, how I needed the tips that she provides!


Sarah is making my favorite dessert over at Sarah's Kitchen.  I had these at Panera Bread and almost fell out of my chair.  They are THAT good, people!  If you are a chocolate lover, you've gotta try them.



And last but not least...how about celebrating the Fourth of July with these scrumptious rootbeer float cupcakes from Cupcake for Party?  They're made in shot glasses and so adorable.  I may have to make these for the gang at work. 


There are so many creative ideas being shared and I love reading about what everyone is up to.  If you've posted about a creative idea or recipe, please share it with us by leaving a comment. 

Now pass the chips, will ya?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, J and S, and that salsa looks so good, but we can't take the heat anymore! Man, you're right it's hot out! Thanks for all the neat links, I'm about to go look at them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That batch is more like 2 alarm than 4! Well, maybe 2.5.

    If I wanted it to be HOT! I'd have thrown some habanero in there...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...