Thank you so much for thinking of Cranky Puppy and congrats on your own awards, Lisa Lynn. I am truly honored to be on the list with 14 other really awesome bloggers. (You can check out the other blogs at her post here!)
So I believe the way this works is that I'm supposed to tell you 7 random things about myself AND...here's the fun part....I get to nominate 15 other blogs that I find lovely and inspiring. This is just too much fun.
If you promise not to tell......here are 7 random secrets about moi:
- I was 40 when I ate my first pickle. (I was one of those picky eaters that moms hate!)
- I'm learning how to play bluegrass banjo.
- My favorite flower is the iris (so many varieties!)
- I was blessed to be raised by my grandparents who grew up during the Great Depression. They taught me the value of money, hard work, and thrift.
- Despite #4: a couple of years ago, I realized my life-long dream of owning a vintage piano. Our parlor is now graced by a beautiful 1893 Steinway baby grand. Sometimes I just sit and drool over it. And, yes, I do play.
- I'm an extreme couponer. I used to have a coupon blog and I still teach classes.
- I have a soft spot for men with orange Converse high tops.
Okay, enough about boring ol' me. Let's get to the good stuff.
It was really hard for me to pick 15 lovely and inspiring blogs because I read so many of them. Everything from homemaking, preserving, urban homesteading, quilting, crafts, gardening, and existential basketweaving. (Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it.) I can easily come up with 50 blogs that deserve these awards. But I guess the rules say 15, so here they are in no particular order:
(**if you're on the list and want to decline, I promise I won't hold it against you. Just let me know!)
Thanks again to Lisa Lynn for the nod and to all of you, my readers. Seeing and reading what everyone is up to puts a smile on my face every day.