Welcome to Cranky Puppy Farm!

This blog belongs to two Gen X-er's smackdab in downtown Kansas City where we've been renovating and decorating two old Victorians built in the 1890's. Our life is filled with 3 demanding Pomeranians (1 of them cranky, of course), honking cars, noisy neighbors and the hustle and bustle of city life but we dream of the day when we can move to our 40-acre farm and hear nothing but the wind and the cows next door. Until then, we're chronicling our triumphs and mishaps here as we try to garden and preserve on 2 city lots, raise chickens, and learn all those things we should have learned from our grandparents. Welcome to our world - we hope you'll stay awhile!

Why Can't I Have Goats?

Thursday, August 02, 2012

*whine whine whine*

We've had a handle on these chickens for awhile now and I'd like to think that we're old hats at caring for them.  I've always had a dream of breeding miniature horses and, when I saw my first Dwarf Nigerian goat, I fell hard.

But mean old J. won't let me have any, despite the fact that they're adorable and only about the size of a small dog.  And they keep your lawn mowed down.

I mean who wouldn't want something as cute as the little goat named Buttermilk in the video below?



Everybody help me out here and leave a comment telling J. how MEAN he is. 

Mean ol' J.!  

(Love ya honey!)    :-)

9 comments:

  1. Yep, I agree he must be a really mean man to not agree to something so stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had goats for years, they're just like dogs. Keep the lawns nice and manicured. I think you definitely need a few, especially one like Buttermilk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your support, ladies! Since he was talking about this last night at dinner, maybe we're softening him up. I appreciate your help. My birthday is coming up, and I would love to have a pair of little goats as a present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the goat project. I'm in a similar predicament here. But I also have a neighbor who is adamantly against goats, and he can be pretty annoying when you don't do things his way...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I'm lucky enough to have neighbors that are really supportive and some of them are even into a sustainable lifestyle. Did he tell you why he doesn't like goats?

      Delete
  6. It'd just get hit by a car. Or a Somali would eat it. No goats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is mean and not acceptable at all. How can you not have goats? Life doesn't work right without them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man...I want goats so bad but we have zero space to keep them in :-( Hopefully you'll get some goats for your birthday and I can live vicariously through you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...